A place for my loom patterns, please be sure to include your email address if you want me to reply to your comment. These patterns are copyright to Amber Gamble.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What I'm working on now

I will be writing patterns for these items soon.

May 30, 2007 - The yarn fairy brought me yarn today!!

On the 5 foot Decor Accent Infinity Loom I am making an afghan using only half the pegs. Boy this is going together fast!!
This is only 4 skeins of yarn so far. I have been working on this project for 4 days so I am ready to start skein five. The yarn is Yarn Bee Icelandic Jewel. I figure 8 skeins will be enough for the full afghan. Maybe another for some trim.


Here is a close up of the pattern result.


Here is how the yarn is laid on the pegs.




And cause I love to needle knit, I am tackling a large panel afghan. Using size 15 straight knitting needles I am doing a faggot stitch afghan. The pattern is made from 3 simple stitches, knit 1, yarn over, knit 2 together. I am making 3 panels and will 'stitch' them together. Each panel is 54 stitches wide and 5 skeins long. Yarn used is Wool Ease Thick and Quick which is very thick. Two panels are made with the wheat color and one panel will be charcoal. Charcoal is also the color I will edge and bind the panels together with. It's very heavy for an open weave. I have one panel finished and this is 2 skeins into the second panel. To keep the yarn from leaping off the needles when I'm not knitting I wrap a rubber hair band around both needles.


Here is a closeup of the pattern.

No comments: